• Thread starter Обзор
  • Start date
  • " /> Обзор - The iPhone 15 Pro’s new Action Button is great news for Android | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

Обзор The iPhone 15 Pro’s new Action Button is great news for Android

Обзор

Staff member
    Редактор

Credit: Apple

Opinion post by
    Rita El Khoury

One of the few hardware changes Apple is introducing with its iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max is a new Action Button to replace the physical silent switch. As all of the leaks — some of which inadvertently came from Apple itself — suggested, this new button replaces the single-purpose switch with a customizable clicker. And despite being a little jealous of it, I can’t help but think that its arrival is fantastic news for Android users. Why? Imitation is the best form of flattery, and we all know what this will lead to.

Copy my homework, but change it a little

Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority

As with many of the features Apple introduces, the Action Button’s idea is not new. Some Android phones have had a similar key for years. The ASUS Zenfone 10, notably, includes Smart Key functionality on its power button and lets you assign any app or action to both a double tap or tap-and-hold. Meanwhile, the Sony Xperia Pro-I has a dedicated shortcut key that opens any app. Some Nokia phones also had an Assistant button that could be remapped with a third-party app to do anything. And many other Android phones have toyed with the idea of extra buttons before backpedaling and going back to the default power plus volume buttons setup.

Top Bottom