• Thread starter Обзор
  • Start date
  • " /> Обзор - Man, I really miss removable batteries and microSD card slots | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

Обзор Man, I really miss removable batteries and microSD card slots

Обзор

Staff member
    Редактор

Opinion post by
    Rita El Khoury

It’s one thing to watch a video of the Fairphone 5 being taken apart, it was another to hold it in my hand for the first time and realize how different it feels compared to today’s Android phones. It immediately reminded me of Nokia under its two identities: the good ol’ Nokia of customizable back covers and removable batteries, and the new HMD Nokia of pure Android and slightly utilitarian hardware designs.

Before even turning on the Fairphone 5, I popped open the transparent rear cover and took out the battery. It felt like I was thrown back in time to my first phone experience in 2003. Phones were designed around convenience and repairability then; you could take off the back and/or front frames and change your entire phone’s color for $20. Batteries lasted around a year, so you’d get a new one when the original battery started showing aging signs. And mom-and-pop shops were always ready with a couple of screwdrivers if you needed to fix something.

Top Bottom