• Thread starter News
  • Start date
  • " /> News - Microsoft fixes Edge browser bug that was stealing Chrome tabs and data | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News Microsoft fixes Edge browser bug that was stealing Chrome tabs and data

News

Staff member
    Редактор

Image: The Verge

Microsoft has fixed an issue where its Edge browser was again misbehaving, this time by automatically importing browsing data and tabs from Chrome without consent. I personally experienced the bug last month, after I rebooted my PC for a regular Windows update and Microsoft Edge automatically opened with the Chrome tabs I was working on before the update.

I asked Microsoft repeatedly to explain why this behavior had occurred for myself and many other Windows users, but the company refused to comment. Microsoft has now quietly issued a fix in the latest Microsoft Edge update. Here’s how Microsoft describes the fix:

Edge has a feature that provides an option to import browser data on each launch from other browsers with user consent. This...

Continue reading…

Top Bottom