• Thread starter News
  • Start date
  • " /> News - Starlink bug frustrates users: “They don’t have tech support? Just a FAQ? WTF?” | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News Starlink bug frustrates users: “They don’t have tech support? Just a FAQ? WTF?”

News

Staff member
    Редактор

Enlarge (credit: Getty Images | SOPA Images )

Starlink's lack of traditional customer support options is making life difficult today for new users affected by a bug that reset their accounts. A bunch of customers received an email from no-reply@starlink.com last night that said, "Your Starlink Account Has Been Reset. All pending orders and deposits have been refunded. You are welcome to visit Starlink.com to place a new order at any time using the same email address."

One Ars reader who got the account-reset email contacted us about the problem, and many others are complaining in Reddit threads. Starlink's account-recovery page that allows users to request password resets with an email address or phone number hasn't been working for them.

"When I try to reset my password via the email option, I get the error 'User not found,'" we were told by Adam, a Starlink customer in Alabama who preferred that we not publish his last name. When Adam tried to reset his password by entering his phone number, he received a text message with a password-reset link. But that didn't work, either. "After I type in a new password, I get the error message 'User disabled,'" Adam told us.

Read 16 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Top Bottom