• Автор темы News
  • Дата начала
  • " /> News - Intel is investigating game crashes on top-end Core i9 desktop CPUs | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News Intel is investigating game crashes on top-end Core i9 desktop CPUs

News

Команда форума
    Редактор
    Баллы

Enlarge / Intel's high-end Core i9-13900K and 14900K are reportedly having crashing problems in some games. (credit: Andrew Cunningham)

If you own a recent high-end Intel desktop CPU and you've been running into weird game crashes lately, you're not alone.

Scattered reports from Core i9-13900K and i9-14900K users over the last couple of months have pointed to processor power usage as a possible source of crashes even in relatively undemanding games like Fortnite. Games like Hogwarts Legacy, Remnant 2, Alan Wake 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Last of Us Part 1, and Outpost: Infinity Siege have also reportedly been affected; the problem primarily seems to affect titles made with Epic's Unreal Engine. Intel said in a statement to ZDNet Korea (via The Verge) that it's looking into the problems, escalating it from an "isolated issue" to something that may be more widespread and could require a more systemic fix.

Related CPUs like the i9-13900KF, i9-14900KF, i9-13900KS, and i9-14900KS may be affected, too, since they're all the same basic silicon. Some user reports have also indicated that the i7-13700K and i7-14700K series may also be affected.

Read 5 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Вверх Снизу