• Thread starter News
  • Start date
  • " /> News - Jaguar wins 1-2 in Monaco as it prepares its rebirth as EV-only brand | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News Jaguar wins 1-2 in Monaco as it prepares its rebirth as EV-only brand

News

Staff member
    Редактор

Enlarge / Its unlikely the next electric Jaguar will look much like these extreme coupés, designed by the brand for Gran Turismo. (credit: Jaguar)

Jaguar provided flights from Washington to Nice and accommodation so Ars could join it for the Formula E Monaco ePrix. Ars does not accept paid editorial content.

MONACO—It may be hard to remember, but not too long ago, Jaguar made a very nice electric vehicle. The I-Pace arrived in 2018, and it was the only EV other than the bare-bones Chevy Bolt that could compete with a Tesla on range. It was great to drive, too. An electric replacement for the XJ sedan was meant to be next until it was canceled months before production was supposed to begin.

"I'd seen the car, it was a beautiful car, but when I look at the designs that we have now, when I look at the technology that we'll bring in the vehicle, it's night-and-day different," said Rawdon Glover, managing director of Jaguar. "I think that previous car would have been sort of a segue into something else, where we're doing a step change."

And a step change is what Jaguar Land Rover CEO (and Glover's boss) Thierry Bolloré wants for Jaguar: for it to move upmarket, the way Range Rover has. Tearing up the electric XJ was a bold step—it meant the only new electric Jaguars to debut from 2021 until 2025 would be the brand's Formula E race cars.

Read 12 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Top Bottom