The nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in product installs two plug-ins which allow XAVC, XDCAM, and XDCAM- EX material to be linked to via AMA in Avid editing products.
Note: XAVC S is not supported by this plugin. A separate XAVC S plugin is available here.
Please read the instructions (included in the download) for important installation information.
Windows | macOS
Category: Avid Media Composer
The nablet XDCAM-EX Plug-in allows you to link, play and edit XDCAM EX content recorded on SxS memory cards or stored on hard disks, inside the supported Avid NLE products.
The nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in is the successor of the former Sony PDZK-MA2 plug-in. Note that the nablet plug-in and the Sony plug-in cannot coexist on the same system. The installation of the nablet plug-in guarantees a seamless transition* in your XAVC XDCAM editing workflow after the Sony plug- in had been uninstalled.
*Note that clips in an editing project which have previously been linked by the Sony plug-in will show same plug-in name in the bins clip info although the nablet plug-in now handles them. This is because the Avid application stored the initial information persistently.
Note: The nablet plug-ins and the legacy Sony plug-ins cannot coexist on the same system. Having them both installed will result in unpredictable behaviors of the editing application.
What’s new in version 4.5.5?
- Added option to export VBR XAVC in Multiple Essence Location style MXF files.
- Fixed a problem loading the plugin under early Media Composer versions (e.g. 8.3) on macOS.
- Properly link XDCAM HD files exported by Media Composer 8.9.4 and later which have unaligned index table segments in footer.
- Fix XAVC Intra HD export quality issues.
- Added support for linking XAVC Intra 4K clips which were created by Media Composer’s Avid Media
- Refined detection of XAVC volumes with a folder named based on “Device ID + Reel#” instead
- Support linking of XAVC growing file (Stream chase).
- Improved XAVC export performance.
- On XAVC Export writes Coding Equations property into MXF picture descriptor.
- Write AudioRefLevel into AAF when present in source MXF.
- Improved startup performance in SampleProvider mode.
- Fix: Wrong TransferCharacteristic label for BT.2100 HLG and ST2048.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Avid Media Composer v8.3 to v2018 latest releases
- Avid Media Composer | First v8.8 to v2018 latest releases
HD 1280×720HD 1280×720
XAVC-Intra Class 100 (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 200 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 35 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 25 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 60 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 156 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 240 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 300 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 140 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 200 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
Developed under license from Sony Corporation and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid Media Composer and Avid NewsCutter are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony, X-OCN, XDCAM, XAVC are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.