New version 5.2.1
- Enhanced support for proxy editing workflow.
- Fixed a potential hangup when a write operation failed during export.
The nablet XDCAM-EX Plug-in allows you to link, play and edit XDCAM EX content recorded on SxS memory cards or stored on hard disks, inside the supported Avid NLE products.
The nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in is the successor of the former Sony PDZK-MA2 plug-in. Note that the nablet plug-in and the Sony plug-in cannot coexist on the same system. The installation of the nablet plug-in guarantees a seamless transition* in your XAVC XDCAM editing workflow after the Sony plug- in had been uninstalled.
Note that clips in an editing project which have previously been linked by the Sony plug-in will show same plug-in name in the bins clip info although the nablet plug-in now handles them. This is because the Avid application stored the initial information persistently.
Note: The nablet plug-ins and the legacy Sony plug-ins cannot coexist on the same system. Having them both installed will result in unpredictable behaviors of the editing application.
New in version 5.2.0?
- Mac version refactored and approved for macOS 11.0 (Big Sur).
- New in version 5.1.1?
- Added export settings option to force constant GOP size on XDCAM HD output.
- Removed assertion which could appear when XDCAM EX plugin is called to open invalid files.
- Fixed an issue linking XDCAM clip spanned over two volumes.
- New in version 5.1.0
- Added option to generate non-realtime metadata XML including title, creator and description on XAVC and XDCAM export.
- Added option to accept odd sequence duration at 50 fps and 59.94 fps.
- Fix: Exported files were truncated when host provided less frames than expected.
- New in version 5.0.3
- Fix: Plugin failed to load under Media Composer version 2018.11 or earlier on Mac systems.
- Set proper Color Primaries upon linking of files with incomplete color info in the RDD-18 camera metadata
- Fixed broken growing file style export option.
- New in version 5.0.2
- Fixed linking of spanned clips.
- Fixed transcoding or consolidation failures on clips with variable or zero ANC data frame sizes.
- Fixed occasional XDCAM HD encoder failures which could result in truncated output.
- Improved speed when consolidating from optical disk.
- Improved export performance on Windows OS when target is on network location.
- Mac version approved for macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- New in version 5.0.1
- Fixed audio indexing issue which could cause consolidation to fail.
- XAVC video could not be decoded on old MC versions which don’t have native support for certain AVC profiles.
- New in version 5.0.0
- Refactored linking processes for XDCAM HD, IMX and DVCAM.
- Added XDCAM HD export to file feature. Fully compliant to the Sony XDCAM specification and 50% and more faster than Media Composer’s native MXF Op1a XDCAM HD export to file feature.
- Added Audio Mixdown options to export settings.
- Passed Apple Notarization.
- Previous Updates
- Fixed occasional XAVC export failure when exporting to a network drive and the encoder was faster than the muxer could process and transfer the data.
- Sped up initial volume info detection when linking an optical XDCAM Disc.
- Fixed invalid Mob references in AAF for spanned clips
- Version 4.5.8
- Improved stability
- Version 4.5.7
- Fix: Color information in exported XAVC clips meta data was always set as BT.709.
- Version 4.5.6
- Added option to export XAVC files in growing style for editing during ingest on other workplaces.
- Significantly improved XAVC export performance on multi core CPU’s, from 10% on an i7 with 8 logical cores up to 80% on e.g. a dual Xeon workstations depending on profile and source.
- Added support for linking of third party XDCAM file where the RIP length is not 4 bytes BER encoded.
- Fixed crash on XDCAM files that can’t be detected as growing but have no RIP.
- Version 4.5.5
- Added option to export VBR XAVC in Multiple Essence Location style MXF files.
- Fixed a problem loading the plugin under early Media Composer versions (e.g. 8.3) on macOS.
- Properly link XDCAM HD files exported by Media Composer 8.9.4 and later which have unaligned index table segments in footer.
- Fix XAVC Intra HD export quality issues.
- Version 4.5.4
- Added support for linking XAVC Intra 4K clips which were created by Media Composer’s Avid MediaProcessor.
- Refined detection of XAVC volumes with a folder named based on “Device ID + Reel#” insteadof XDROOT.
- Version 4.5.3
- Support linking of XAVC growing file (stream chase).
- Improved XAVC export performance.
- On XAVC Export writes Coding Equations property into MXF picture descriptor.
- Write AudioRefLevel into AAF when present in source MXF.
- Improved startup performance in SampleProvider mode.
- Fix: Wrong TransferCharacteristic label for BT.2100 HLG and ST2048.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- macOS 11 Big Sur (Intel Macs only)
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Supported Avid Products
- Avid Media Composer v8.3 to latest releases
- Note that this plugin only supports XAVC and XDCAM in MXF container. It does not support XAVC S format in MP4 container. A separate XAVC S plugin is available here.
- Export Formats
HD 1280×720HD 1280×720
XAVC-Intra Class 100 (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra CBG Class 200 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 50 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 35 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 25 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 100 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 60 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 156 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 240 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:0 300 Mbps (50p/59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 100 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 140 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-LongGOP 4:2:2 200 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 300 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XAVC-Intra VBR/CBG Class 480 (23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XDCAM HD 4:2:2 50Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XDCAM HD 4:2:0 35Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p)
XDCAM HD 4:2:0 25Mbps (50p, 59.94p)
XAVC Intra Class 50 (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XDCAM HD 4:2:0 25 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XDCAM HD 4:2:0 35 Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XDCAM HD 4:2:2 50Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
XDCAM HD 4:2:0 35Mbps (23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50i, 59.94i)
Developed under license from Sony Corporation and Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid, Avid Media Composer and Avid NewsCutter are registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc.
Sony, X-OCN, XDCAM, XAVC are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
macOS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.